Message from UYSA League Commissioner
Fall 2018 Season Start
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. THIS EMAIL IS SENT ON BEHALF OF email@example.com
Let the games begin!
This email contains important reminders as well as information looking forward to spring.
If you have NOT paid your referee fees - THEY are PAST DUE.
· Each team is only allowed two reschedules each season. Not two that are fee free and then additional ones where you pay a fee. THE MAX ALLOWED IS TWO!
· Please note that beginning with the spring 2019 season any request to move the game date, start time or location will be considered a reschedule and must be processed through the system.
· Any reschedule must be completed no later than five (5) days prior to the date and start time of original game. (This includes the opposing team accepting the reschedule).
If the reschedule button is no longer visible - you have missed the window to reschedule the game and we are unable to restore the button or reschedule the game for you.
For example: Game scheduled for Saturday August 18 at 8:00 a.m. would need to be rescheduled and accepted no later than Monday August 13 at 8:00 a.m.
AIR QUALITY RESCHEDULES
UYSA is committed to providing a safe environment for all of our players, coaches as well as referees at games and practices. There are many different news and reporting sites that report on our Air Quality. UYSA will be monitoring the air quality across Utah. You can check the current air quality at http://air.utah.gov. If the location where the game is scheduled to be played is in the red zone UYSA will allow a game to be rescheduled. Coaches will need to call into the UYSA Offices to request this type of reschedule prior to the game. We recognize that yellow is unhealthy for sensitive groups and would encourage coaches to communicate with their players and parents for a decision for the individual players on your team.
YEAR ROUND PREMIER TEAMS
DO NOT Reschedule spring games. The schedule will be finalized based on field availability in the spring and you will have a two-week window to make a max of two reschedules prior to the season starting.
# PLAYERS TO START A GAME & # ALLOWABLE CLUB PASS PLAYERS - CORRECTIONS
U9 through U14 are prohibited from deactivating any player.
U9 & U10: There is a maximum of 12 players on the roster. Team must have 5 players at the field to start the game. May only club pass players if there are open roster spots, this age group is prohibited from deactivating any player.
U11 & U12: There is a maximum of 15 players on the roster. Team must have 6 players at the field to start to the game. May only club pass player if there are open roster spots, this age group is prohibited from deactivating any player.
U13 - U14: There is a maximum of 18 players on the roster. Team must have 7 players at the field to start the game. May only club pass player if there are open roster spots, this age group is prohibited from deactivating any player.
U15: There is a maximum of 18 players rostered to the team. However, this age group can club pass open roster spots plus four (4) additional club pass players. Team may deactivate up to 4 players to necessary to reach the maximum roster size of 18. Team must have 7 players at the field to start the game. Team must maintain 9 regularly rostered players on the roster
U16 - U19: Teams may roster a maximum of 22 players, but are only allowed 18 on the Game Day roster. Team may deactivate up to 4 players to necessary to reach the maximum roster size of 18. Team must have 7 players at the field to start the game. Team must maintain 9 regularly rostered players on the roster
SOCCER PARENT RESOURCE CENTER & THE SIDELINE PROJECT
Have you heard about the Sideline Project -a FREE, coach facilitated program to improve sideline behavior? It's simple to run and the results have been impressive when it comes to raising awareness about the differences between Supportive, Distracting and Hostile Communication and putting an end to Hostile and Distracting communication during games.
To learn more about the Sideline Project - FOLLOW THIS LINK Stay tuned for more details but in the meantime check this out! Coaches you are responsible for your sideline behavior!
CLUB PASS INFORMATION
U9 & U10 players may ONLY club pass a total of four (4) times in the fall and four (4) times in the spring. This is based on the age (birth year) of the player.
· Players who are multi-rostered are not eligible to use the club pass
· Players who have transferred outside of the open window are not eligible to use the club pass. Open Transfer Window is November 15 to January 15.
· Players who have an unserved red card are not eligible to club pass until the suspension has been served. They must remain active on the primary team roster and count towards the maximum number of players allowed on the Game Day Roster and for the suspension to show as having been served.
· Players who receive a red card while playing as a club pass player will serve the suspension with their primary team.
· A player may only participate in one (1) club pass game per day
For step by step instructions on how to club pass, please refer to the Team Manager FAQ page by clicking here.
Be advised that teams competing in the SCL (Divisions 1, 2 & 3) that if there are more than 10 teams in the bracket, this will be adjusted in the spring alignment. This may require that more teams finishing in the bottom of the bracket or division may be relegated.
Any change to the original date, time or location will be considered a reschedule. Requests to move games 30 minutes or later in the day will need to be processed through the system and will count towards the teams MAX allowed of 2 reschedules for each season.
GRASS ROOTS WAIVERS will expire on November 5, 2018. You will need to take the Grass Roots Course before you will not be eligible to coach during the spring season. There are no extensions. Courses are being added, but encourage your club to host a course!
IMPORTANT DEADLINES & DATES
- Provisional Team Deadline: August 20
- State Cup: October 16 through October 23
- Fall Season Ends: November 5, 2018 - except U15 Girls who have until November 12
- Open Transfer Window November 15 to January 15
- UYSA Deadline for Spring Registration: February 1, 2019 (Check with your club registrar for your registrar due date)