How do I find the Referee Fee Email ~ 3.13.2018
You can access the email that was sent to your team. By following these instructions...
1. Log into your UYSA account.
2. Click on the down arrow next to the "My Account" option above your family information.
3. Select the "Message Center" option.
4. The email will have "2018 Spring Referee Fee Payment" along with your age group, gender and bracket in the title.
5. You may have to go back a few pages to find the email, those were sent out in February.
You can see every email that was sent to you through Affinity.
Have a great day!
The Spring 2018 State Gaming League is almost underway! In an effort to help coaches and team managers have a successful season, we are providing the information below. Exceptions will not be made based on lack of knowledge or not knowing. You are responsible for knowing.
As always, if you have any questions or would like a little more detail, please contact the UYSA State Office. We are more than happy to help you. The UYSA Office hours are from 9AM-5PM Monday-Friday. 801.307.5150
START OF SEASON
- Schedules will be on the UYSA website on March 3, 2018
- Referee Fees are due no later than March 16th for Spring PL, SCL and IRL teams. Contact the State Office for amt due.
- Start of the Season for all teams shall be considered March 17th, not when your first game is scheduled
- Each team is allowed a maximum of two reschedules.
- To avoid the $50 reschedule fee, reschedules should be completed (must show the changes in Affinity) no later than 11:59pm March 16th.
- Per policy "All reschedules must be completed no later than five (5) days prior to the start of the match as set forth in SOMS."
- For more information regarding reschedules, scroll down.
ROSTER SIZES, CLUB PASSING & MULTI ROSTERS
- Players serving a suspension and/or are a club pass player, count towards the maximum players allowed.
- If a player has a red card or is serving a suspension, they MUST remain active on the roster and count towards the maximum allowed.
- Players who are or have been multi-rostered at any point in the seasonal year are ineligible to use the club pass.
- Independent teams are not allowed to use the club pass. L30 TEAMS are NOT what the state considers "independent." You are part of the Member Organization called L30 and have club passing privileges between L30, SWAT, MVU & Meta teams.
- U9/10 max players is 12
- U11/12 max players is 15
- U13/14 max players is 18
- U15/19 max players is 18
- How to Club Pass a Player
It is your responsibility to annually complete the CDC Concussion Certification. You need to verify that your concussion certification is current and uploaded. If you are red-lined on the roster for an expired or missing certification and do not have another properly licensed and rostered coach at the field, the game may be ruled as a forfeit.
GRASSROOTS COACHING LICENSES
- All "E" Waivers will expire on June 1, 2018. There will be NO extensions.
- L30 Coaches will NOT be allowed to register for next year nor set up teams for next year without being properly licensed.
- Plan ahead.
- New Grassroots Coaching License Explanation for L30 Coaches
- Two Courses currently being offered - March 12 & 19th.....OR.... April 9 & 16th. 6-10pm Ogden. Registration is limited. Email email@example.com immediately to get into the class.
- Why you should take the course even if you don't need to
- Learn the new Play~Practice~Play model of player-centered development
- Course includes a year's worth of training sessions so you don't have to come up with fun developmentally appropriate games to do with your team all on your own
- Courses are late evening so fewer work conflicts
- Early in the season before most games are scheduled
- Only available to L30 people
ENTERING GAME SCORES INTO AFFINITY SPORTS
- After each game, it is the winning teams’ responsibility to enter in the score of the game.
- If there is a tied game, the home team is responsible to enter in the final match score.
- Instructions on entering scores into Affinity Sports can be found by clicking HERE.
GAME DAY ROSTERS & DIGITAL PLAYER CARDS
Coaches have the option to utilize either the printed Game Day Roster or the Digital Playing Cards. If there are any discrepancies between a Game Day Roster and the Digital Player Cards, the Game Day Rosters will take precedence over the Digital Player Cards and be considered the official team roster used for that game. The Game Day roster printed out closest to the kick off time will take precedence if there are two printed rosters. Digital Roster Link
- Link to Live Schedules and Field Specifics are here.
- Click on R2 Fields for the drop down menu to locate your specific home field.
- Barlow - No reschedules after March 17th unless you pay the $20/hour fee to reserve a different date/time. Practices now cost $10/hour and must be scheduled with Shiela Olson.
- If you play home games at WCF, you can practice there without additional cost. If you don’t, you must contact Ashley Earl. Currently to play home games at WCF, it costs roughly $75. You could offer that in order to be able to practice there and see if she will agree to that as a practice rental fee. Practices are first come, first serve. Games and special events, like Ultimate Frisbee and Golden Spike Horse events, always have priority.
- All Syracuse Jr High green space has been rented by Lacrosse T-F 5-7pm and some Saturdays. Unless sunset allows, practices here will need to be moved to an alternate location.
LAST DAY TO PLAY LEAGUE GAMES
- May 31, 2018 is the last day to play AND record Spring league games.
- Be mindful that tryouts start (depending on age) May 21st and 29th. Playing games after May 21st is not very realistic.
- If games are not recorded into Affinity Sports by 11:59PM May 31st, they will be considered an “abandoned game” and each team will receive zero (0) points.
RESCHEDULE PROCESS REMINDERS - U15 TEAMS READ BLACK BUTTON BELOW.
- If you are rescheduling for weather, no referees, or unplayable fields, DO NOT click the reschedule button. Send the reschedule request information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reschedules must be completed (5) five days before the original scheduled date.
- Example: Game scheduled Saturday at 1PM, reschedule must be completed beforeMonday at 1PM.
- IF a reschedule request has been initiated but not accepted FIVE days prior to kick off, the reschedule request is aborted and the game will be played as it stands in the Affinity schedule.
- Before clicking the reschedule request button, the HOME team must have field and referee approval and have coordinated the reschedule with the Opposing Team. How to Contact the Opposing Team.
- Contact your field and ref assignor outside of Affinity to confirm arrangements. (Who's Your Assignor?)
- Away teams must have an email from the home team with the field and referee assignor’s approval.
- The team initiating the reschedule should be the one clicking the reschedule button.
- UYSA reserves the right to move games back to original dates, times and locations if teams do not follow the correct steps outlined below.
- What happens if the opposing team doesn't respond to a reschedule request? A: The game is played as it is on the schedule.
PROCESSING A RESCHEDULE IN AFFINITY
Contact the opposing team via email requesting reschedule- provide multiple dates and times for reschedule
After reschedule dates have been agreed on between both teams and the HOME team has confirmed with home assignor and home field assignor that new dates are available, complete the reschedule in Affinity.
o Log into your UYSA Affinity account
o Make sure that your picture has a red highlight around it
o Click on the TEAMS tab
o Click Tournament and Schedule Apps
o Click Schedules/Game Scoring on the right hand side (by the team you are rescheduling on behalf of)
o Click on the Reschedule button by the game number
o Enter ALL information in the drop down menu (Date, Time (AM or PM), Field Name & Number)
o Click Send Request
The opposing team must log into their Affinity account and click the Accept Request button to complete the reschedule
When the league schedule has been updated with the new reschedule, you will know that it has been complete.
If you have any questions about these reminders or would prefer a bit more detail, please contact the UYSA State Office. We are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-5PM as a resource to our members.
IMPORTANT DATES - SPRING 2018
All dates are included in the L30 website calendar. This is just a summary for quick review.
March 6, 2018
March 8, 2018
• Guest Speaker - Skye Eddy Bruce
March 16, 2018
- HSP team formation - choice between District 6v6 ($10pp) & State 11v11 ($30pp)
- Referee fees - everyone except Academy & District HSP (they pay at the field)
- 2 free reschedules complete in Affinity
March 17, 2018
- Official season start date
- Advertise tryouts for next year at any time via Sports Engine Team Page
May 1, 2018
- Coaches & Team Admin registration for next year 2018/9 opens
- Request Team Set up by submitting form via league30.org website
May 12, 2018
- Allowed to talk to players not currently on your team about tryouts for next year
May 21, 2018
- U7/8 Academy tryouts may begin
- U9/10 XL tryouts may begin
May 29, 2018
- U11-19 tryouts may begin
- Player registration for next year 2018/9 opens
May 31, 2018
- Deadline for all Spring 2018 games to be played and recorded in Affinity
2017 Fall State Competition League Reminders ~ August 4, 2017
The 2017/2018 State Gaming League is almost underway! In an effort to help our coaches and team managers have a successful season, UYSA will be sending out a grouping of emails with seasonal reminders and updates! Leading up to the season, keep a lookout for emails ranging from reschedule policy to club passing instructions.
Exceptions will not be made based on lack of knowledge. As always, if you have any questions or would like a little more detail, please contact the UYSA State Office and we would be more than happy to help you. The UYSA Office hours are from 9AM-5PM Monday-Friday. All the information on this email can be found on UYSA’s Team Manager FAQ page. Team Manager FAQ
In today’s topics Reschedules and Referee Fees will be discussed.
R2 Coaches Meeting - Aug 2, 2017
- State Schedules released - Aug 5th
- HSP Team Formation Deadline - Aug 21st ( State plays 11v1. District plays 6v6)
- State Games Start - Aug 21st
- State Ref Fees Due - Aug 14th
- Labor Day Weekend - No Games Sept 1-4th
- Fall UEA Weekend - No Games Oct 19-21st
- Last day to play/record a Fall game - Nov 15 (but most fields close Oct 31st)
Good Things to Know:
- Players can be added at any time. They appear as UNASSIGNED at the bottom of the team roster. Send email to email@example.com to have them manually accepted. Allow 24 hours.
- We receive emails occasionally from players looking for a team. When that happens I forward the contact information to the applicable coaches.
- Field & Ref Assignors, Field Availability, Restrictions, Maps, Reschedule How-Tos, goto R2Fields.weebly.com
Pre-Season Checklist: (All Answers found at RegistrationByTracy.com. Click on Registration Basics. Click on Team Managers.)
- Pay your State Referee Fees
- Know how to look at your Team Roster
- Know how to view your Playing Schedule
- Know how to view the Opposing Team's Contact Information
- Enter Jersey #s on your Roster electronically
- Make sure your Jersey/Short/Sock colors are entered on your Team Details page
- Know how to print a Game Day Roster
- Know who your Field & Referee Assignors are (on R2Fields.weebly.com)
- Know how to Reschedule a Game (on R2Fields.weebly.com)
- Make a Team Binder & What to include in it
- How to Club Pass a Player
- Difference between club passing and multi rostering
- Where to go to access the Digital Roster
- How to print out Player Registration Forms if the parent didn't do it during online registration
Academy Coaches Meeting - July 25, 2017
Alignment Concerns/Schedules - Contact Jake (c) 801.390.3627; email firstname.lastname@example.org
General Academy Questions - Contact Wendy Roberts (c) 801.564.2559; email email@example.com
Nets - Contact Darrin Rumsey at L30Pres@gmail.com
Flags - Contact Wendy Roberts
Program Rules - Click on button below for ALL THINGS ACADEMY
U9-U19 Referee Fees
You should have received an email from the state July 28, 2017 to the email in your Affinity profile. Full letter below. Things to note.
- Ref Fees due Aug 14, 2017 by midnight (Late fee of $25 assessed after Aug 21)
- Year round U15 & Premier U11-14 will be charged for both fall and spring ref fees now.
- If you missed the email, contact the state office for your team specific link.